By Roberto Fernandez-Prini,A. H. Harvey,D. A. Palmer
The wide variety of individuals for whom this subject is critical offers a problem. complicated paintings during this quarter is sent between actual chemists, chemical engineers, geochemists, and different experts, who will not be conscious of parallel paintings via these outdoor their very own forte. the actual features of high-temperature aqueous actual chemistry of curiosity to at least one could be inappropriate to a different; one more may wish an analogous easy info yet in a truly various form.
To serve these types of constituencies, the ebook contains a number of chapters that disguise the foundational thermophysical houses (such as gasoline solubility, section habit, thermodynamic houses of solutes, and shipping houses) which are of curiosity throughout various functions. The presentation of those subject matters is meant to be obtainable to readers from various backgrounds. different chapters handle primary components of extra really good curiosity, similar to severe phenomena and molecular-level answer constitution. a number of chapters are extra application-oriented, addressing components equivalent to power-cycle chemistry and hydrothermal synthesis. As befits the diversity of pursuits addressed, a few chapters offer extra theoretical information whereas others, akin to these on acid/base equilibria and the solubilities of steel oxides and hydroxides, emphasize experimental suggestions and information analysis.
- Covers either the speculation and functions of all Hydrothermal ideas
- offers an obtainable, up to date evaluate of significant facets of the actual chemistry of aqueous structures at excessive temperatures and pressures
- The presentation of the booklet is comprehensible to readers from numerous backgrounds
Read or Download Aqueous Systems at Elevated Temperatures and Pressures: Physical Chemistry in Water, Steam and Hydrothermal Solutions PDF
Similar hydrology books
Bangladesh faces many demanding situations. see you later it's been frequently the conventional ones of socio financial improvement and eradication of poverty. atmosphere as a significant factor during this technique has only in the near past entered the scene. yet even earlier than environmental concerns within the improvement method has develop into the conventional perform, the spectre of weather swap has reared its grotesque head.
Die Autoren konzentrieren sich in ihrem Werk auf die Lösung praxisorientierter hydrogeochemischer Fragestellungen und schließen damit eine Lücke im Bereich anwendungsorientierter Lehrbücher. Ein erster Teil fasst dabei die Theorie soweit zusammen, daß es auch Neulingen im Bereich der Modellierung und Nichtchemikern leicht gemacht wird, das anspruchsvolle Thema zu erfassen.
This quantity offers 9 chapters ready via foreign authors and highlighting a variety of points of weather switch and water assets. weather switch types and eventualities, rather these on the topic of precipitation projection, are mentioned and uncertainties and information deficiencies that have an effect on the reliability of predictions are pointed out.
With contributions from key researchers around the globe, and edited by way of the world over well-known major teachers, Gravel-bed Rivers: techniques and mess ups offers the definitive evaluate of present wisdom of gravel-bed rivers. carrying on with a longtime and profitable sequence of scholarly stories, this publication includes the papers awarded on the eighth foreign Gravel-bed Rivers Workshop.
- Floods in a Changing Climate: Risk Management (International Hydrology Series)
- Evapotranspiration Over Heterogeneous Vegetated Surfaces: Models and Applications (Springer Theses)
- Water Scarcity in the Mediterranean: Perspectives Under Global Change (The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry)
- Computational Methods in Environmental Fluid Mechanics (Engineering Online Library)
- Geofluids: Developments in Microthermometry, Spectroscopy, Thermodynamics, and Stable Isotopes (Vapor-Liquid Equilibrium Data Bibliography)
- Past and Present Water Column Anoxia: 64 (Nato Science Series: IV: (closed))
Additional info for Aqueous Systems at Elevated Temperatures and Pressures: Physical Chemistry in Water, Steam and Hydrothermal Solutions
Aqueous Systems at Elevated Temperatures and Pressures: Physical Chemistry in Water, Steam and Hydrothermal Solutions by Roberto Fernandez-Prini,A. H. Harvey,D. A. Palmer