By Lee Atchison
Every day, businesses fight to scale severe functions. As site visitors quantity and information calls for elevate, those functions develop into extra complex and brittle, exposing hazards and compromising availability. This useful consultant indicates IT, devops, and approach reliability managers the best way to hinder an software from turning into gradual, inconsistent, or downright unavailable because it grows.
Scaling isn’t with regards to dealing with extra clients; it’s additionally approximately coping with hazard and making sure availability. writer Lee Atchison offers simple strategies for development functions which may deal with large amounts of site visitors, info, and insist with out affecting the standard your shoppers expect.
In 5 elements, this e-book explores:
- Availability: study thoughts for development hugely to be had functions, and for monitoring and enhancing availability going forward
- Risk management: determine, mitigate, and deal with hazards on your program, try your recovery/disaster plans, and construct out platforms that comprise fewer risks
- Services and microservices: comprehend the worth of providers for construction complex functions that have to function at greater scale
- Scaling applications: assign prone to precise groups, label the criticalness of every provider, and devise failure eventualities and restoration plans
- Cloud services: comprehend the constitution of cloud-based companies, source allocation, and repair distribution
Read Online or Download Architecting for Scale: High Availability for Your Growing Applications PDF
Similar systems architecture books
Present concerns and ways within the reliability and defense research of dynamic strategy platforms are the topic of this publication. The authors of the chapters are specialists from nuclear, chemical, mechanical, aerospace and protection approach industries, and from associations together with universities, nationwide laboratories, inner most consulting businesses, and regulatory our bodies.
Compiling for parallelism is a longstanding subject of compiler learn. This publication describes the basic ideas of compiling "regular" numerical courses for parallelism. we start with a proof of analyses that permit a compiler to appreciate the interplay of information reads and writes in several statements and loop iterations in the course of software execution.
This ebook describes model-based improvement of adaptive embedded structures, which permit greater performance utilizing an analogous assets. The options provided facilitate layout from a better point of abstraction, targeting the matter area instead of at the resolution area, thereby expanding improvement potency.
The purpose of this publication is to give an explanation for to high-performance computing (HPC) builders how one can make the most of the Intel® Xeon Phi™ sequence items successfully. for this reason, it introduces a few computing grammar, programming expertise and optimization equipment for utilizing many-integrated-core (MIC) systems and in addition bargains suggestions and tips for genuine use, according to the authors’ first-hand optimization adventure.
- Oracle Solaris 11.2 System Administration Handbook (Oracle Press)
- Designing 2D and 3D Network-on-Chip Architectures
- Computer Architecture
- Photoemission from Optoelectronic Materials and their Nanostructures (Nanostructure Science and Technology)
- Tru64 UNIX Troubleshooting: Diagnosing and Correcting System Problems (HP Technologies)
- Architecture Exploration for Embedded Processors with LISA
Additional info for Architecting for Scale: High Availability for Your Growing Applications
Architecting for Scale: High Availability for Your Growing Applications by Lee Atchison