Scope and Consent
It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Xyte or any third party.
If you do not provide the information we require, we may not be able to provide all of our Services to you.
Our websites are general audience websites and our Services are not intended for children under the age of 14. No one under the age of 14 may provide any information to the website unless the minor’s parent or legal guardian consents in writing. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under age 14 without the consent of parents or legal guardians and our Services do not target children under 14. If you are under age 14, do not use this Website unless your parent or legal guardian has provided consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under age 14 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under age 14, [email protected] please contact us at the number provided below. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
If you are a resident of California, a resident of Nevada, or a citizen of a European Economic Area (EEA) Member State, you have certain privacy rights as described in this section.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, we are required to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your information. You may also have additional rights with regard to how we use your information. We have included this California-specific information below.
Uses and Disclosure of your information
Consistent with the “When Do We Collect Your Personal Information?” section above, we collect certain categories and specific pieces of information about individuals that are considered “personal information” in California. As detailed above, we may collect this personal information from you and other third parties. We collect, share and disclose personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “Why Do We Collect Information?” and “Sharing Your Information” sections above.
The following sharing activities are considered a “sale” of personal information under California law. This includes:
- When we share information collected from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as how you interact with our websites and mobile apps, with advertising technology partners in order to create user profiles and present advertising messages based on your preferences.
Why Do We Collect Information?
We collect information from you to serve your needs and fulfill your requests, manage our content and advertising, provide you with information that you or your child may be interested in, operate efficiently, improve Xyte Services and products, and protect our legal rights and the rights of others.
We collect information:
- To provide you with Xyte Services.
- To respond to your requests.
- To verify your age.
- To complete a transaction.
- To fulfill a transaction.
- To confirm your order.
- To give you updates about your order status.
- To send you recommendations on Xyte Services of interest to you.
- To send you recommendations on products of interest to you.
- To send you marketing communications.
- To Offer interested-based advertising
- To analyze and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- To support Xyte Services.
- To understand our visitors.
- To improve our products.
- To improve Xyte Services.
- To develop new products.
- To develop new Xyte Services.
- To maintain the security, integrity, and quality of our products and Xyte Services.
- To protect intellectual property.
- To protect our legal rights.
- To protect the legal rights of others.
We may work with third-party partners, including third-party technology partners, for some or all of these purposes. You can learn about some of these third parties by visiting our COOKIES AND TECHNOLOGIES STATEMENT.
We may combine all information we have collected to better understand your needs, improve Xyte Services and operations, manage content and advertising, send you offers and information, and better serve you.
Deletion, Access, and Information
Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you have the right to: (i) obtain deletion of your personal information; (ii) obtain access to your personal information; and (iii) receive information about the categories of personal information about you that we have “sold” (as that term is defined under California law) to “third parties” (as that term is defined under California law) and also that we have disclosed for a “business purpose” (as that term is defined under California law).
- Deletion: If you would like us to delete your personal information, please contact and request deletion. You will need to provide us with your email address so that we may verify your request and communicate with you regarding your request.
- Access and Information: If you would like to access your personal information or receive information about the categories of personal information about you that we have “sold” as described above, please email us at [email protected] with your request. We will use your email to verify your request and communicate with you regarding your request.
- You may also contact XYTE at 1-800-327-1000 for assistance in exercising any of the California rights described above.
- Should you wish to request the exercise of these rights as detailed above, we will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or products, or by providing you with a different level or quality of products, based solely upon this request.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you have the right to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information. To opt out of the “sale” of your personal information as described in this section, please visit the DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION (ADCHOICES) page where you may take the following steps:
- XYTE Site: For the sale of personal information collected on XYTE Site through the use of certain advertising technologies, you may opt out by using the instructions presented on the DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION (ADCHOICES) page, including:
- Visiting https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for information regarding how you may be able to manage or delete Local shared objects (LSOs); and
- Using Internet browser and social media settings.
Keep in mind that, if you opt out of interest-based advertising, you may still see customized advertising displayed by advertising networks from which you have not opted out. In addition, your opt out will not prevent any advertising network from displaying advertising that is not customized to you and your interests and, consequently, may be less relevant to you. Please also note that you will need to make such choices on each browser and device you may use to visit our Site.
- You may also contact us: [email protected] or XYTE at 1-800-327-1000 for assistance in exercising you right to opt out of the “sale” of personal information.
California Shine the Light
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, as a California resident, you may opt out of XYTE disclosing personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may exercise these rights by providing us with your email address, first and last name and mailing address as detailed in the DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION (ADCHOICES) page. We will use your email to communicate with you regarding your request. You may also contact XYTE at 1-800-524-8697 for assistance in exercising these rights.
European Privacy Rights
Your data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, or in certain other situations, you have the following data protection rights, which you can exercise by contacting us using the details below:
- The right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- The right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. Alternatively, you can indicate your marketing preferences for email, phone and postal marketing during registration or at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- The right, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION (ADCHOICES)
Under certain state laws, this sharing may be a “sale” of personal information. You may opt-out of this sharing by submitting your name, mailing address, and email. Kindly note, we use your email to process and communicate with you about your request.
ADVERTISING AND COOKIES
Xyte uses technology, like cookies, to automatically collect and store certain information about you when you use Xyte. We use this information to manage and improve our services, personalize your experience, and to serve relevant advertising. We may also share such information with our social media, advertising, and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you provide to them or that they collect from your use of their services. This means our third-party partners may collect data about your online activities and use it to show you personalized ads on Xyte or other third-party sites based on your interests and online behavior, which may be considered a “sale” of your personal information under certain state laws.
For Xyte, you can opt-out of sharing your information and receiving personalized ads by contacting us at [email protected]. If you decide to opt out, ads will still be delivered, but they might be less relevant to you and your interests. Whatever decision you make, you can change it at any time.
Attention – Not all cookies used are fully integrated with this AdChoices Preference Manager or have an opt-out mechanism available. To learn more about such Cookies and your opt-out options, review our Third-party privacy practices for additional information.
Xyte has established privacy standards. They are our commitment to protect your personal information and honor our privacy obligations regardless of where your personal information is collected, processed, or retained. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or other information that Xyte has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update your information, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Services, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, e-mail address, financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers), telephone number(s), age, gender, geographic location, education, employment history, or plans, behavioral preferences, interests and favorites.
You may also provide us personal information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, or when you correspond with us regarding our Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- From third parties, for example, customers who hire us to provide services for their business operations, including current or potential employers and job placement service advisors;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token. and information collected through cookies.
Information you provide to us. The information we collect on or through our website or Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, including the registration to use the website and information input while using our services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us
- Assessment of behavioural preference data .
Information your employer or other third-party retaining our services provides to us. We may supplement the information we collect with information from other sources and add it to your account information. For example, we may collect and use information from our customer service team, from third parties who have requested that we provide Services to you, publicly available demographic information, additional contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws. For quality and training purposes or for our own protection, we may monitor or record our telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with Xyte, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning. We may also evaluate your computer, mobile phone, or another access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
Information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us. As you navigate through and interact with our Website or Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Personal information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable laws to collect and process to authenticate or verify you or to verify the information we have collected.
How We Use and Retain Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect to provide access to and improve our Services, whether to you or to your employer, or other third parties who has requested us to provide Services to you; provide you with a personalized experience on our sites, provide you customer service, measure the performance of our Services, improve our Services, and manage our risk.
We may use geo-location information to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising and other personalized content).
If you access our Services at the request of an employer, potential employer, or other third parties (for example, a job counselor, military recruiter, Workforce Development Board, or Corrections or parole official), we share your personal information as they have requested. Your provision of personal information is voluntary.
Disclosure; How We Share Personal Information
We may also disclose your personal information.
Service providers and financial institution partners
Third-party financial institution partners who may provide joint content and services such as, registration, transactions, and customer support.
Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Xyte, our customers, or others.
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users or business partners to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, IP address, and fraud complaints.
To credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws (e.g., information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file)
To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order, or substantially similar legal process, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Change of ownership
How You Can Access Your Personal Information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date. You may access your personal information through the third party that requested that you use our Services. Deletion of information requested through your relationship with a third-party requires the third-party’s consent and shall not occur.
If you are an individual utilizing our website (i.e., not through the direction of a third- party), you may send us an e-mail at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, encryption of data and passcodes used to access Services, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. Any payment transactions and the assignment of passcodes will be encrypted. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you an encrypted passcode for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this passcode confidential. We ask you not to share your passcode with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
This section describes some additional important information related to your use of our Services. These are just a few more pieces of important privacy information related to your use of our Services that we need to cover:
When you share your personal information on our sites or applications – what happens?
If your use of our Services is requested by a third party such as your employer, potential employer, or other third parties (for example, job counselor, military recruiter, or Corrections official), the requesting party has access to the information you share by using our Services. We do not have access to other personal information you provide to those third parties as part of your employment application, military application, prison or parole record, or the like; such information is reviewed only between you and that third party.
If you use our Services to assess potential employees, recruits, or prisoners ready for release, you may control who among your employees or contractors may have access to the personal information shared by those who access our Services for assessment.
How you should use the information you receive from Xyte
If you are an employer, potential employer, or other third parties who have requested our Services to assess others for employment or the like, we enable you to obtain or we may provide you with personal information provided by individual users as part of the assessment you have requested from us. Personal information from organizations may include name, account ID, email address, contact details, shipping and billing address. Personal information of individual users may include a unique identifier, name, email address or contact details, employer or workplace development board or similar organizational identifier, personal preferences.
Unwanted or threatening email or other communications
Third-party privacy practices
Questions or Complaints
How You Can Contact Us About Privacy Questions